Kitahama Partners, in recognition of the importance of protecting personal information, has established the following policies regarding protection of personal information:
Handling of Personal Information
Kitahama Partners will take necessary measures including, but not limited to, the maintenance of security systems, establishment of management structures, supervision of its employees, and conduct handling of personal information in a proper manner to ensure the prevention of such risks as unauthorized access, loss, destruction, alteration or leaks of personal information.
Purposes for Use of Personal Information
The purposes for using personal information which is obtained by, or in the possession of Kitahama Partners are as described below:
- for any and all services deemed necessary or appropriate for handling legal matters accepted by Kitahama Partners;
- confirmation of whether any conflicts of interest exist at the time the attorney-client relationship is established;
- for any and all services deemed necessary or appropriate for responding to inquiries;
- mailing of various announcements, letters of greetings, invitations to seminars and so forth;
- any other purposes which consent is given separately;
- confirmation of client identity pursuant to the rules of the Japan Federation of Bar Associations;
- employment (including hiring) and personnel management; and
- Any relevant services incidental to the purposes stated above, and other matters necessary for Kitahama Partners to perform the legal services in a proper manner.
Kitahama Partners shall not use personal information,
except as otherwise provided by laws and regulations, beyond the scope
necessary to achieve the above-mentioned purposes of use without the
consent of the relevant person.
Kitahama Partners shall use personal information such as contact details including names, addresses, and phone numbers, as well as all other personal data items in possession of Kitahama Partners, within the scope necessary to perform the services in an appropriate manner. The Osaka Office of Kitahama Partners will be in charge of the administration and management of the relevant personal data.
Restriction on Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
With the exception of the following circumstances, Kitahama Partners shall not provide personal data to any third parties without prior consent of the relevant person.
- if required by relevant laws and regulations;
- if required for protection of life, body or property, and it is difficult to obtain consent from the relevant person;
- if particularly required for improvement of public health or promotion of the sound nurturing of children, and it is difficult to obtain consent from the relevant person; or
- if necessary to cooperate with national authorities, local public organizations or duly authorized persons in order to respond to the implementation of affairs required by laws and regulations, and there is a risk that obtaining consent of the relevant person would obstruct the performance of such affairs.
Safety Measures of Personal Information
Kitahama Partners will take necessary and proper measures to ensure the accuracy and security of personal information.
Requests for Disclosure, Amendment, Suspension of Use, Deletion
Kitahama Partners will accept requests from the individual regarding handling of personal information in the possession of Kitahama Partners such as disclosure, amendment, suspension of use, deletion and so forth of personal information of their own in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations, upon making confirmation of identification of the person making such requests. In the event that any requirements under the relevant laws and regulations are not satisfied, there may be times when Kitahama Partners will not respond to such request as disclosure of personal information.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the handling of personal information at Kitahama Partners, please contact below:
General Affairs Department
Osaka Securities Exchange Bldg. , 1-8-16 Kitahama, Chuo-ku, Osaka 541-0041, Japan