Koji Ebato practices in the fields of mergers and acquisitions, securities, and corporate matters. Particularly with respect to mergers and acquisitions, Mr. Ebato handles a wide spectrum of matters, ranging from cases involving listed companies to business succession of unlisted small and medium-sized companies. In accordance with Kitahama Partners’ policy in M&A cases to strive to provide clients with services of “superior quality” in a “speedy manner” at a “reasonable cost”, Mr. Ebato endeavors to be flexible in his legal practice, including tailoring the scope of his legal services to the scale of the case and the client’s needs.
Mr. Ebato also advises and supports companies preparing for initial public offerings, as well as newly-listed companies, with respect to a broad range of matters, including corporate compliance and governance.
In response to the recent growth in cross-border mergers and acquisitions, Kitahama Partners has had increased opportunities to support clients in collaboration with its affiliated local law firms. Mr. Ebato is determined to extend the scope of his practice to a wide variety of international cases while making use of his abundant experience gained through domestic practice.
Education & Professional Career
- Acquisition of 100% ownership of a spice manufacturer by a major Japanese food company
- Acquisition of 100% ownership of a manufacturer of research and education facilities by a major office supplies manufacturer (as a third-party committee member)
- Stock swap between a major DIY store and its fellow trading company
- Acquisition of 100% ownership of a large-sized equipment manufacturer by a Japanese heavy industrial manufacturer
- Stock swap between a communication-related company and its listed subsidiary to acquire the full ownership of the subsidiary
- Acquisition of stock of a specified letter delivery operator by a major Japanese logistics company
- Reorganization and consolidation of a Japanese power supply company group
- A number of cases of investment into Japanese companies by Japanese private equity funds
|Jul 2016 – Present||Kitahama Partners, Partner|
|Jul 2014||Joined Kitahama Partners|
|Oct 2006||Graduated from the Legal Training and Research Institute of the Supreme Court of Japan; Admitted to practice in Japan; Joined Sato & Partners|
|Mar 2001||Gakushuin University (LL.B.)|