Nobuoki Toshimitsu is an Associate attorney practicing in the area of labor and employment law (employer’s side). In recent years, there have been frequent changes in Japanese labor and employment laws, and the Labor Standards Inspection Office has been strengthening the applicable regulations. It has thus become necessary to promptly handle new issues which arise in connection with such changes, such as dealing with issues related to harassment, mental health, and foreign workers. Furthermore, there have recently been quite a few cases involving M&A transactions in Japan where employment and management issues have unexpectedly become an obstacle. In such cases, Mr. Toshimitsu is able to render specific assistance and advice so that corporate development will not be hindered by any such employment or management issues.
Mr. Toshimitsu has also been focusing on numerous litigation and negotiation matters on behalf of his clients.
- Labor and employment related litigation, labor dispute adjudication
- Communicating with the Labor Standards Inspection Office
- Compliance investigations (with respect to illegal activities such as harassment by employees)
- Revision of employment regulations
- M&A matters of Japanese companies
- General corporate legal affairs, general civil matters, criminal cases, and related matters
Education & Professional Career
|Jan 2017||Joined Kitahama Partners|
|Dec 2016||Graduated from the Legal Training and Research Institute of the Supreme Court of Japan; Admitted to practice in Japan|
|Mar 2015||Kobe University Law School (J.D.)|
|Mar 2012||Hiroshima University (LL.B.)|