Shoko Miura has wide areas of experience, from general corporate, dispute resolution to non-corporate and criminal matters. Her practice focuses primarily on international matters, contract negotiations and IT industry.
Spending childhood in Japan, Thailand and in U.S. (including one year as an exchange student staying with an American family) and 6 years in an international IT company as an engineer / project manager, Ms. Miura’s unique background provides fresh perspectives as well as fluent English communication and negotiation skills. She is a backpacker, biker and a yoga lover.
Education & Professional Career
- Legal consultation and contract negotiations for American companies expanding into Japan / Japanese companies expanding into India, U.S. and EU
- Dispute resolution of Japanese company’s oversea subsidiaries in EU
- Legal counseling in relation to website services
- Dispute resolution of an IT-system company
- Dispute resolution of foreign residents in Japan / Japanese residents in foreign countries
|Jun 2016||Joined Kitahama Partners|
|Dec 2011||Graduated from the Legal Training and Research Institute of the Supreme Court of Japan; Admitted to practice in Japan; Associate at law firms|
|Mar 2010||Waseda Law School (J.D.)|
|Apr 2001-Mar 2007||IT Engineer / Project Manager at IBM Japan, Ltd.|
|Mar 2001||Keio University, Faculty of Environment and Information Studies|
|Mar 1997||Tokyo Gakugei University Senior High School|
|Mar 1996||Pioneer Central School (New York, USA. Foreign Exchange Program)|
- Inter Pacific Bar Association