Shoko Miura has a broad array of experience, from general corporate and dispute resolution to non-corporate and criminal matters. Her practice focuses primarily on international matters, contract negotiations, and matters involving the IT industry, as well as inheritance, personal claims and family matters.
Having spent her childhood in Japan, Thailand and
in the United States . (including one year as an exchange student staying with an American family), 6 years at a global IT company as an engineer / project manager, and a total of more than 4 years seconding at the legal department of another global IT company, Ms. Miura’s unique background provides uncapped perspectives, as well as fluent English communication and negotiation skills. Her motto is to provide high quality service to all assignments regardless of size , and to give voice to the unvoiced. She is a backpacker, biker and a yoga lover.
- Legal consultation and contract negotiations for American and EU companies expanding into Japan / Japanese companies expanding into India, the U.S. and the EU
- Dispute resolution of Japanese company’s oversea subsidiaries in the EU
- Legal counseling in relation to website services
- Dispute resolution / investigation of an IT-system company
- Dispute resolution of foreign residents in Japan / Japanese residents in foreign countries
Education & Professional Career
|Joined Kitahama Partners
|Graduated from the Legal Training and Research Institute of the Supreme Court of Japan; Admitted to practice in Japan; Associate at law firms
|Waseda Law School (J.D.)
|Apr 2001 – Mar 2007
|IT Engineer / Project Manager at IBM Japan, Ltd.
|Keio University, Faculty of Environment and Information Studies
|Tokyo Gakugei University Senior High School
|Pioneer Central School (New York, USA. Foreign Exchange Program)