Tatsuhito Shiotsu is a Partner of the firm, practicing mainly in the areas of employee and labor management, as well as taxation.
In the area of employee and labor management, he provides a wide range of legal advice, including disciplinary measures, reinstatement, and personnel policy associated with business restructuring to clients ranging from Japanese leading enterprises to SMEs. If requested by the client, he conducts investigations regarding suspected violations of law, and represents his clients if matters require negotiations or develop into litigation. He also represents his clients in collective bargaining.
In the area of taxation, Mr. Shiotsu utilizes his experience of having worked for the Board of Tax Appeals to assist clients in dealing with tax audits and appeals, as well as tax litigation.
He has a number of publications, and holds seminars on various topics. He also teaches at the graduate school level.
Education & Professional Career
- Matter of labor tribunal and litigation regarding personnel changes of a leading Japanese manufacturer
- Matters involving labor compliance investigations of leading Japanese manufacturers
- Matters of restructuring by Japanese manufacturers
- Matter regarding integration of working conditions associated with business restructuring of Japanese division of a global company
- Request for investigation and litigation with regard to income tax, corporate tax, and consumption tax
- Matter of compensation for certified tax accountants
- Claim for the return of property tax against local public authorities
- Provision of assistance in dealing with inspection/investigation, and criminal litigation relating to national tax law violations, etc. (i.e., tax evasion)
|Jan 2015 – Present||Kitahama Partners, Partner|
|Jul 2013||Registered with Osaka Bar Association as a practicing attorney; Joined Kitahama Partners|
|Jul 2012||Tax Tribunal Examiner, Osaka National Tax Tribunal|
|Jul 2010||Tax Tribunal Examiner, Kanazawa National Tax Tribunal|
|Jun 2010||Left Irokawa Law Office; Cancelled registration as a practicing attorney due to position as a fixed-term official|
|Oct 2003||Graduated from the Legal Training and Research Institute of the Supreme Court of Japan; Admitted to practice in Japan; Joined Irokawa Law Office|
|Mar 2002||Kyoto University (LL.B.)|