As the CEO of the firm, more than handling individual cases himself, Hiroshi Morimoto consistently strives to accurately understand and meet clients’ needs and to assemble the best team within the firm in order to best serve the client.
Mr. Morimoto believes that the most crucial case on which he has worked this year is a bankruptcy/administration case referred to him by the Kyoto District Court. Mr. Morimoto was involved in collecting hidden assets held by the bankrupt party, as one of the bankruptcy trustees, along with the RCC, the creditor, which were disguised under the names of paper companies in Singapore and Hong Kong. Due to his involvement in such case, he travelled many times to Singapore and Hong Kong to have meetings with local attorneys as well as foreign banks.
Moreover, this year has been a busy and challenging year for Mr. Morimoto, since the company for which he has been serving as an outside auditor went through a major corporate change.
Education & Professional Career
- Bankruptcy trustee case in Kyoto (Masahiko Nishiyama)
- Formulated and executed a scheduled liquidation program for a company which imports raw materials and processes them in Japan
- Handling by a parent company of compliance violations committed by directors of a U.S. subsidiary
- Disputes relating to settlement amount among corporations formed by joint venture
- Disputes relating to the ownership of unlisted enterprises in the course of business succession
- Execution of inheritance tax strategies and business succession of a corporation in the course of business succession based upon company split
|2013 – Present||Assumed the position of the representative and the CEO of Kitahama Partners Group|
|2008 – Present||Kitahama Partners, Representative Partner|
|1992 – Present||Kitahama Partners, Partner|
|1987||Graduated from the Legal Training and Research Institute of the Supreme Court of Japan; Admitted to practice in Japan; Joined Kitahama Partners|
|1985||Waseda University (LL.B.)|
|2010||Vice President, Osaka Bar Association|
|2009||Executive Director, Kinki Federation of Bar Associations|
|2004 – 2005, 2010 – 2011||Director, Kinki Federation of Bar Associations|
- Outside Auditor, Japan Cash Machine Co., Ltd. (listed on the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange)
- Outside Auditor, Senshukai Co., Ltd. (listed on the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange)
- Outside Auditor, Iwai Cosmo Securities Co., Ltd.
- Outside Auditor, Daibiru Corporation (listed on the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange)
- Auditor, Showa Education Foundation