Kotaro Harada is an attorney practicing in the areas of M&A, general corporate legal affairs, real estate, construction, inheritance, bankruptcy, and civil rehabilitation. Mr. Harada has handled a variety of M&A and due diligence matters, as well as planning reorganization schemes and rendering advisory services. Mr. Harada also specializes in the areas of real estate and construction dispute resolution, and has been representing a number of clients such as home builders, major construction companies, brokers (sales/leasing), developers, condominium management companies, and other parties. With respect to corporate legal affairs, his clients include home builders, real estate brokers, transportation companies, photovoltaic equipment installers, condominium management companies, information & technology companies, medical corporations, and other entities. He also responds to the various common legal issues of his clients.
Education & Professional Career
- Corporate acquisition matter representing a listed company
- Shareholders’ derivative lawsuit
- Preparation of reorganization plan as inheritance strategy
- Case disputing construction defects of a building built by a mid-size construction company
- Matter of voluntary liquidation of a home builder using the rehabilitation plan development scheme of SME revitalization support councils
- Rendering advice on general shareholders’ meetings for client companies
- General corporate matters, etc.
- Preparation of family trusts/testamentary substitute trusts
|Jan 2020 – Present||Kitahama Partners, Partner|
|May 2015||Registered as a real estate transaction agent|
|Mar 2015||Registered as a licensed strata management consultant|
|Dec 2012||Graduated from the Legal Training and Research Institute of the Supreme Court of Japan; Admitted to practice in Japan; Joined Kitahama Partners|
|Mar 2010||Kyoto University Law School (J.D.)|
|Mar 2007||Kyoto University (LL.B.)|