Minami Hosoi specializes in handling matters relating to construction and real estate projects, litigation and other disputes, and IT, intellectual property, confidential information, and data privacy. For construction and real estate matters, Mr. Hosoi provides useful advice to clients based on experienced gained while seconded to the legal group of a major real estate developer, as well as through the practical experience of performing work for major general contractors and management companies.
With respect to IT, intellectual property, confidential information, and data protection, Mr. Hosoi has broad experience handling GDPR and international intellectual property disputes. One of the common features of construction disputes, system development disputes, and patent disputes is that the initial agreement between the parties was poorly drafted, leading to unforeseen problems, and in a great many cases a disagreement regarding the terms of the agreement. In such cases, it is essential to work to determine the facts and interpret the agreement based on objective information, such as meeting minutes and witness interviews, and view the case as a whole, while analyzing evidence and facts with precision. As a lawyer who has a “big picture” viewpoint and values “details,” Mr. Hosoi strives to assist clients with even more confidence and earn the trust of this clients.
Recent Cases Handled
- Numerous M&A matters of domestic companies
- TOB matters of leading Japanese companies (whose shares are listed on a stock exchange)
- Various consultations relating to personal information protection laws and GDPR, etc.
- Representing a leading Japanese corporation as a client in dispute resolutions
- Negotiation relating to patent infringement
- Internal compliance investigation of leading Japanese corporations
- Corporate legal affairs, client consultations, general civil matters, and criminal cases, etc.
Education & Professional Career
|Jan 2017||Joined Kitahama Partners|
|Dec 2016||Graduated from the Legal Training and Research Institute of the Supreme Court of Japan; Admitted to practice in Japan|
|Mar 2015||The University of Tokyo, School of Law (J.D.)|
|Mar 2013||The University of Tokyo (LL.B.)|