Minami Hosoi is an Associate in our firm who mainly handles corporate legal affairs and dispute resolution matters. He provides a wide range of legal advice to client companies relating to common contractual issues as well as various other matters.
In addition, Mr. Hosoi has been focusing on the areas of intellectual property, information technology, and data protection. In particular, in connection with data protection, since the GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation) went into effect as of May 2018, many Japanese companies have been confronted with the need to revise their personal information protection systems. As a member of our firm’s GDPR team, he has been assisting our clients in establishing appropriate policies.
Recent Cases Handled
- Numerous M&A matters of domestic companies
- TOB matters of leading Japanese companies (whose shares are listed on a stock exchange)
- Various consultations relating to personal information protection laws and GDPR, etc.
- Representing a leading Japanese corporation as a client in dispute resolutions
- Negotiation relating to patent infringement
- Internal compliance investigation of leading Japanese corporations
- Corporate legal affairs, client consultations, general civil matters, and criminal cases, etc.
Education & Professional Career
|Jan 2017||Joined Kitahama Partners|
|Dec 2016||Graduated from the Legal Training and Research Institute of the Supreme Court of Japan; Admitted to practice in Japan|
|Mar 2015||The University of Tokyo, School of Law (J.D.)|
|Mar 2013||The University of Tokyo (LL.B.)|